Reuters is looking for a prolific scoop-getter to cover investment banking across Europe.
Market volatility, geopolitical uncertainty and rising interest rates pose unique challenges to investment banking.
The role, a senior reporting position within the global finance and markets team, will work closely with banking, M&A and markets reporters around the world to break the news and report on Insightful stories of how the industry and its customers are addressing these challenges.
The position will be based in London and will report directly to the Editor-in-Chief for Finance and Markets in Europe.
About the role
Like our European investment banking correspondentyou will be:
- Announce news and dive deeper into the investment banking industry at major global banks
- Collaborate with M&A, Banking and Markets reporters to write authoritative industry stories
- Leverage sources on top finance and market stories to break news and conduct deeper dives
- Identify and pursue areas of reporting that warrant further industry investigation
Be our EEuropean correspondent in investment banking, you will probably have:
- In-depth understanding of the financial industry, including corporate finance
- A large contact book in financial services and markets in Europe
- A delivery history of a company scoops and coins file
- A strong work ethic, proven team spirit and excellent writing skills
- Fluency in English is essential, fluency in other European languages is an advantage
Please note that the deadline for applications is Sunday July 3, 2022.
what’s in it for you
At Reuters, our people are our greatest assets. Here are some of the benefits we offer for your personal and professional growth:
- Global Career: As a global company, we can offer truly international career and progression opportunities
- learning and development: Learning and coaching on the job. We also have a dedicated training team focused on the continuous development of our journalists
- Advantages: We offer competitive salary packages and industry-leading benefits, including paid volunteer days
- Advantages: Work alongside Pulitzer Prize-winning journalists and a team that delivers unparalleled, award-winning coverage of the world’s most important stories.
Reuters is the world’s largest multimedia information provider. Founded in 1851, it is committed to the principles of trust, independence, integrity and impartiality. With unparalleled coverage in more than 16 languages and reaching billions of people around the world every day, Reuters delivers trusted insights that empower humans and machines to make smart decisions. It provides business, financial, national and international information to professionals via desktop terminals, to media organizations around the world, to industry events and directly to consumers. Reuters: the real world in real time