The objective of the Delivery Manager role is to oversee and manage the planning and delivery of all initiatives for the IT financial services portfolio aligned to a business unit or capability.
This role provides the pipeline of project, program and product iteration requests needed to develop and release IT services and features, lead process improvements, collaborative integration guidance and mentorship to ensure continued success. high-quality delivery and performance.
The Delivery Manager works closely with a central, cross-functional team of technical and business stakeholders who participate in matrix-structured projects, facilitating and co-creating system-driven controls, automation and sustainable solutions. This role oversees and takes ultimate responsibility for a delivery unit, enabling it to deliver effectively through active sponsorship, leadership and business involvement in specific initiatives to ensure they meet time, cost and quality. Additionally, the Delivery Manager is responsible for project leadership, management, and coordination of the cohesive activities required to design, develop, and release services or service modifications.
- Matric with deep, relevant and demonstrable professional experience in IT financial services and applicable business integration.
- Degree in finance and/or information systems / B.Sc Computer Science / B.Eng (or similar).
- + 6 years of experience in a Delivery Manager or similar role in an IT service delivery systems environment with demonstrable experience in leading and delivering complex, large-scale IT initiatives.
- Experience managing a portfolio of IT deliveries in a FinTech or IT financial services environment.
- Solid experience in a team leadership role with specific exposure to managing and mentoring a diverse IT service delivery team.
- Solid experience in project and program portfolio management.
- Knowledge and experience of waterfall and agile projects, with a particular focus on managing multiple cross-functional teams with specific deliverable streams, including experience with project/service lifecycle management tools and methodologies.
- Demonstrable exposure to influence senior leaders as well as a wide range of stakeholders.
- Exposure and understanding of business, retail and customer interface environment in a similar role (not industry specific).
Analyze business and customer needs to ensure successful delivery of development projects and required changes.
- Foster a strong customer centricity culture, influence and shape customer expectations.
- Demonstrate strong business acumen through the ability to negotiate and collaborate with business engagement managers and sales representatives.
- Facilitate networks and work closely with stakeholders to contribute design to ensure operational and technical viability.
- Build strategic plans and translate them into actionable roadmaps for iterative implementations and phased functional expansion.
- Work within Agile methodologies and/or other agreed cross-functional teamwork methods.
- Manages and maintains technology demand portfolio and facilitates appropriate processes and methods to prioritize demand under time and resource constraints.
- Developing criteria and evaluating inputs to help business and IT stakeholders agree on prioritization of new or changed services.
- Responsible for breaking down requirements into work schedules, for all delivery styles (cascade, agile, hybrid).
- Manages resource availability and resource planning across projects and routine activities, using appropriate tools.
- Plans how new or changed services are transferred to operations, coordinating with other functions to ensure the organization’s readiness for change.
- Leads projects through to delivery, using appropriate methodologies while ensuring delivery within sanctioned parameters.
- Leads hybrid or agile teams in iterative delivery, using appropriate agile methodology. Supervises and directs the teams to respect the committed order book.
- The use of best practice methods and tools ensures that program/project risks and issues are properly identified, assessed and mitigated.
- Manages communication with all internal and external stakeholders on programs and projects.
- Provides visibility into IT resources, workloads, allocation, availability, and skills. Manages resource planning in the most optimal and efficient way possible.
- Oversee and take ultimate responsibility for a delivery unit, enabling it to deliver effectively through active sponsorship, leadership and business involvement in specific initiatives to ensure they meet time, cost and quality.
- Responsible for project leadership, management, and coordination of cohesive activities required to design, develop, and release services or service modifications.
- Leverages team expertise and shares information and best practices to optimize work outcomes. Encourages, empowers and enables the team to achieve performance goals.
- delivery manager
- IT delivery manager