Today, MP Maxine Waters (D-CA)chair of the House Financial Services Committee, announced the following schedule for the month of May:
- Wednesday, May 11 at 10 a.m. ET: The Subcommittee on Investor Protection, Entrepreneurship and Capital Markets will convene for a hybrid hearing titled “A Notch Above? Bond Rating Industry Review. »
- Thursday, May 12 at 10 a.m. ET: The full committee will meet for a hybrid hearing titled “The Annual Report of the Financial Stability Supervisory Board.”
- Friday, May 13 at 9:00 a.m. ET: The Artificial Intelligence Working Group will meet for a hybrid hearing titled “Following the Codes – Using AI for Effective RegTech.”
- Tuesday, May 17 at 10 a.m. ET (and the following days if necessary): The full committee will meet for hybrid markup.
- Tuesday, May 24 at 12 p.m. ET: The Diversity and Inclusion Sub-Committee will convene for a virtual hearing titled “Diversity Includes Disability: Exploring Inequalities in Financial Services for People with Disabilities, Including People Newly Disabled Due to COVID at long term”.
- Wednesday, May 25 at 12 p.m. ET: The Housing, Community Development and Insurance Subcommittee will meet for a virtual hearing titled “Reauthorization and Reform of the National Flood Insurance Program.”
- Thursday, May 26 at 12:00 p.m. ET: The full committee will convene for a virtual hearing titled “Digital Assets and the Future of Finance: Examining the Benefits and Risks of a U.S. Central Bank Digital Currency.”
All hearings are broadcast live onhttps://financialservices.house.gov/live/.
Due to the latest information available regarding COVID-19, hybrid hearings will be held at 2128 Rayburn House Office Building. All hybrid hearings will also have a virtual option allowing all MPs and witnesses to participate remotely.
Committee activities are finalized once formal notice is issued by the House Financial Services Committee. Visithttps://financialservices.house.gov/calendar/for the most up-to-date committee schedule.